Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wow! It's Fall Already!

Well, we're starting a new semester. Many new faces and new places are here! I wonder what the students are thinking and hope that they stay motivated. Unfortunately, I know some of the faces will be gone in a few weeks and some are returning for a second or third go-round. Motivation and change come from within. No one can tell them to stick with it or to manage their time so they can move on to bigger and better things in life. I understand all the things that make life hard because I've "been there seen that...". I been a young mother who worked at night and went to school at the same time, I've taken care of sister who had cancer, I watched my mother die from cancer. My husband have struggled financially, having one car and a very small house for a number of years. My mother suffered from alcoholism when I was growing up (she did get clean and sober for her last years and we were best friends). I grew up poor without a father. So, I do understand, but you can overcome! So let's get to it!

No comments: